Code of Ethics
The NSA Council advise all those becoming registered as a nutritionist under any category and particularly those planning to give nutritional advice to the public, to investigate the ranges of insurance cover available.
Members of the Society shall:
- Maintain the highest standards of scientific honesty, integrity, and fairness.
- Disclose any real or potential conflicts of interest.
- Use scientific principles and current knowledge in their nutrition-related activities and recognise the need for continual critical evaluation of nutrition science.
- Maintain a high standard of professional competence.
- Provide services with objectivity of judgement based upon substantiated information, recognising that legitimate differences of opinion may exist.
- Respect confidential information.
- Avoid adverse comment upon the character, competence or integrity of members of the Society.
- Acknowledge and discharge a responsibility for the professional development and support of other members of the Society.
- Not engage in conduct likely to bring the Society into disrepute.
- Not promote or endorse nutrition practices in a false, misleading or unethical manner, such as make claims unsubstantiated by credible peer-reviewed and published scientific evidence to directly endorse or validate a specific food, beverage or supplement.