Code of ethics
In order to maintain a high standard of professional conduct, members of the society shall:
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity, fairness and scientific honesty consistent with NHMRC Health and Research Ethics guidelines.
- Use scientific principles and current knowledge in their nutrition related activities and recognise the need for continual critical evaluation of nutrition science.
- Not provide clinical nutrition advice unless appropriately qualified to do so. Membership of the society (with or without registration) does not qualify an individual to recommend medical nutrition therapy.
- Not promote or endorse nutritional practices or products in a misleading or unethical manner.
- Provide services with objectivity of judgement based upon substantiated information, recognising that legitimate differences of opinion may exist.
- Respect confidential information.
- Engage in respectful behaviour and avoid adverse comment upon the character, competence or integrity of members of the Society and others.
- Declare and manage any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Not engage in conduct likely to bring the Society into disrepute.
Last updated on