NSA-NNI Emerging Researcher Award
The NSA-NNI Emerging Researcher Award is conferred to an NSA member who:
- is a financial member of the Society
- is enrolled as a full time or part time postgraduate student
- is a first time, first author who has published an original research article (excludes systematic reviews and meta analyses) since January of the previous year. The article may have been published in hard copy and/or electronic form. Those who have previously published as a lead author are ineligible to apply. However those who have published as a co-author are eligible to apply for this award.
Please note: no more than one NSA-NNI Emerging Research award may be conferred in any one year.
Nominations for the award must be emailed to the Nutrition Society of Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org as a single pdf attachment titled: yoursurname.pdf and with an email subject line titled: NSA-NNI Emerging Researcher Award Application 2019 - [name of nominee]
The nomination will be assessed on:
- 200 word lay summary on the potential of the work to translate into improving health (45%)
- research quality of the paper (30%)
- journal ranking and journal impact in the field (25%).
The application must also include:
- a title page, listing the:
- applicants name
- journal name
- journal ranking in the field and impact of the journal
- a statement on applicant’s contribution to the project and the paper
- the applicant’s CV (maximum 2 pages)
- a biography (up to 200 words) which may be used for publicity (NSA newsletter and website, and for introducing the winner at the ASM presentation of the award)
- if an applicant applies for the Nestle Nutrition Institute Award and the Early-Career Travel Award in the same year, they need to indicate which award they would prefer. An applicant is ineligible to receive both awards in the same year.
The award is presented at the Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) by the President of the Society (or his/her nominee). The award prize will include a certificate and $1,000. NSA gratefully acknowledges the generous financial support provided for this award by the Nestle Nutrition Institute.
The new Awardee must:
- submit a report (up to 150 words) to the NSA within four weeks of attending the conference
- present at a webinar within 12 weeks of attending the conference
- attend the NSA ASM in the same year as the award is offered.
Last updated on