The BNF Drummond Early Career Scientist Award is an annual scheme run by the British Nutrition Foundation (BNF) to recognise early career nutrition scientists who show great potential to be future leaders in the field. The Award recognises early career excellence in nutrition science. It is open to current MSc and PhD students studying human nutrition or a related field, as well as those within three years of graduation from an MSc or PhD degree in human nutrition or a related field. Applicants are judged on their contribution to nutrition science to date, their potential to become leaders in the field, and the scientific merit and clarity of communication of their work.
- Closing date for applications: 5pm 1 February 2019
- Winner and runners-up of Award announced: 27 March 2019
- Deadline for invited Nutrition Bulletin paper (winner and runners-up): 1 August 2019
- Award presented at BNF Annual Day (winner): 19 November 2019
- Publication of invited Nutrition Bulletin paper (winner and runners-up): November 2019 (online), December 2019 (in print)
Full details of the scheme can be found online HERE