Benefits of membership
- News of NSA events, webinars (and other non-NSA events) around Australia and beyond.
- Notifications of regional group events.
- Job opportunities.
- Other relevant information for nutritionists.
Hear expert speakers and informally meet others who share your interest in nutrition.
NSA Annual Scientific Meeting (annual national conference)
A 3-4 day conference held in November/December each year:
- Update your knowledge across many fields of nutrition with expert symposia and other presentations by nutrition researchers from Australia and beyond.
- Network face-to-face with colleagues, including potential employees and employers.
- Summaries of all presentations are published in the NSA Proceedings.
NSA local meetings in major cities around Australia throughout the year
Meet local nutritionists from outside your workplace and listen to expert speakers.
NSA webinars – FREE to NSA members
Regular nationwide webinars, linking great speakers to any computer - anywhere - that has Internet access.
NSA offers a variety of prestigious early-career, mid-career and later-career awards, to recognise high-quality research and enhance the quality of your CV.
To help the public identify those with high-quality expertise in nutrition science, NSA has set up a Register of Nutritionists. There are two levels of recognition:
- Associate Nutritionist (ANutr) - you're eligible to apply for this if you have a bachelor’s degree majoring in nutrition, or equivalent;
- Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) - if you meet ANutr criteria and have 3 years (full-time equivalent) subsequent nutrition-related experience and/or formal study. We also offer specialist registration in animal nutrition (RAnNutr) and public health nutrition (RPHNutr) to those with appropriate expertise.
Our job vacancies page can help you find a job or help you find someone to work with you.
Students doing an honours, research master's, or PhD degree will receive:
- Travel subsidies to the NSA ASM (the national conference) if you’re presenting your research results. You also get great exposure to potential employers by presenting at such conferences.
- Prizes for students who present their research at the NSA ASM. These generous prizes are not only of financial benefit but enhance the quality of your CV.
- Prizes for top-quality journal papers published by students. These provide a generous cash subsidy to support presenting your work at a major international conference. Once again, these enhance the quality of your CV and you get great exposure to potential employers by presenting at such conferences.
NSA members receive a 15% discount when publishing papers in Nutrients.
Nutrients is an on-line open access journal that was first published in 2009. Nutrients has published more than 4,000 papers since its inception and has been indexed by SCIE since 2010 whilst also being indexed in many other important databases. Nutrients adheres to rigorous peer-review and editorial processes and publishes only high quality manuscripts that address important issues related to the impacts of nutrients on human health. Nutrients is published monthly online by MDPI.
Nutrients is very pleased to be formally affiliated with the Nutrition Society of Australia.