The NSA has established a Register of Nutritionists to recognise and encourage high standards of professional training in nutrition. Individuals with a Bachelor degree, or higher, with at least a major in nutrition, can now apply for registration. Individuals with alternative qualifications that develop competencies in nutrition (such as a science degree with post doctoral experience and publications in nutrition sciences) will be assessed on a case by case basis by the Registration committee.
Trust a registered nutritionist
The Register of Nutritionists recognises nutritionists who abide by the highest standards of professional conduct and the Society’s code of ethics, and who are committed to on-going training and professional development.
The NSA is dedicated to:
- promoting safe, sound and effective research and practice in nutrition for the benefit of the public and industry
- effectively communicating the benefits of good nutrition.
Registration by self-regulation
Modern professional bodies, particularly those in the health sector, are increasingly required to demonstrate rigorous oversight of their disciplines. NSA has drawn on the experience and processes of other health professional bodies within Australia and internationally to establish the Register of Nutritionists.
In keeping with the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists, governed by the Association for Nutrition, the purpose of the register is to define and advance “standards of evidence-based practice across the field of nutrition and at all levels within the workforce” by assuring those who meet registration standards meet rigorous standards of competence, professionalism and continuing professional development.
- recognises and encourages high standards of professional evidence based training in nutrition
- assists in recognition of the professionalism of nutrition scientists by consumers, health agencies and government bodies
- underlines the strength and unity of NSA members in engaging with nutrition policy development and implementation
- validates bachelor degree level qualifications of nutrition scientists and promotes safe and effective research and practice in nutrition.
Last updated on